<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A flower on my ginger! 

















I'm so proud! In all the time I've lived in Florida I've never actually experienced a ginger bloom. This is a variegated shell ginger or Alpinia Zerumbet. It's a rhizome that grows best in partial shade but will tolerate full sun. I've placed all my gingers in partial shade and they all same to be growing like crazy. There aren't blossoms on any of the others yet, but hopefully there will be more over the next weeks. The flower is supposed to be white and pink and looks much like layered shells. I'm excited and can't wait to see it in full bloom. I'll share the picture as it continues to open. Happy Florida Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

back to top

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?