<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Black snake 

I mentioned in my last article about the black racer snake sleeping in the mulch pile. Well, I think this guy has a crush on me. I was in the garden this morning planting some daylillies and oleander. I had just put away all my tools (yes, I am a neat freak when it comes to my garden implements), walked around the front bed and was just placing my foot on the bottom stair when there it was. Mr. Black Snake decided he was going to wander around the staircase. I believe he was just as startled as I was when I came into view and he dove (or it sure looked like it) under the stairs so I could pass. I ran up the stairs and told my husband the story and, as we looked down from the front porch there was Mr. Snake sticking his head out sunning himself. A very healthy specimen indeed but I'm not ready to begin a close relationship with him. We'll just wave once in awhile as we pass each other in the yard. Happy Florida Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

back to top

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?