<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I love hibiscus! 

Have you ever had a song running through your brain and you just can't get it to stop? Here's the one I've been listening to all day - I love LA, but it's ok because I substitute the word LA for hibiscus. The flowers are vibrant with the various colors, and the plants always greet me in their season with a big smiling bloom. I have three gorgeous shrubs in my front bed - a beautiful red, a fiery coral/orange and a sunny yellow plant - and have been thinking of adding more. They are not expensive and grow extremely well with little fuss. All they ask for is a little water and an occasional hair cut.

I was reading the St. Pete Times on Saturday and immediately turned to the gardening section - my favorite section of the paper. That's when I learned that apparently it is a very easy thing to propogate my own. If I take some cuttings and place them in a well-drained medium, I assume a good soil and peat mix, they should root in about 6 weeks. I've got the rooting powder and I have some good mix so you know what I'll be doing this weekend. I can't wait to try it and I'll share what I learn. Happy Florida Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

back to top

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?