<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Sunday, February 27, 2005

A fellow Florida blogger 

Brian dropped me a note asking if I would link to his site. I'm so glad he did. Not only does he have a fantastic site, he's a fellow Floridian. How cool is that! Brian and his family live in Collier County (southwest Florida) on a "band-aid" lot. What's that you say? So did I. Their property is an elongated rectangle 75 wide X 660 feet deep hence the name. Brian chronicles his toils and tribulations at trying to return his land to a more natural state. Taming of the Band-Aid provides some gorgeously detailed pictures as well as great information about plants and insects. I finally learned that the little daisies leaving their seeds throughout my poor little guy's fur is called beggar-tick and I'll bet I know why - they beg any passing little animal to carry their seeds hither and yon to grow all over again. Anyway, go visit Brian's site when you get a chance. It's well worth the visit. Happy Florida Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

back to top

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?