<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Still not identified 

This beautiful flower I've been telling you about still goes unidentified. My good friend Karl at Tropical Plants Library gave it the good old college try. I thought he was on to something when he told me it could possibly be a Florida wildflower - Cutleaf Evening Primrose - Oenothera laciniata. But when I researched it it didn't match. The flower is not the same in the center nor are the leaves alike. It's a quandry but I'm sure there's someone out there who can help. I've spoken about Tropical Plants Library before, a site owned by Master Gardener Landscaping of Fort Lauderdale, landscape designers who also have a mail order plant business, and have them on my links page. Karl, thanks again for trying and I invite everyone to visit his site. In the meantime, I hope someone will be able to identify this gorgeous plant. Happy Florida Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

back to top

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?