<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Saturday, June 12, 2004

A-musing 

My sister and brother-in-law have just become part-time FLA residents and are we ever excited! They recently purchased a gorgeous manufactured home in a community less than a mile from us, and we look forward to spending a lot more time with them.

My husband and I visited them on their first day here. My sister was bustling around the kitchen fixing drinks while "the men" were otherwise occupied outside. I noticed that as Dee moved around the kitchen, she would close a drawer here, cabinet there, screw a lid back on a bottle all the while mumbling under her breath. She looked at me, chuckled and said "When will Doug ever learn to close things?" and turned back to making drinks. I immediately started laughing because, guess what? I have the same situation in my home. My husband can't close a drawer or door to save his life. I often find bottles in the refrigerator with their lids barely hanging on, and I've been known to find lids in the flatware drawer without an owner!

Well, we started musing as to whether this is common to both genders or restricted solely to the male of the species. After much deliberation, we reached the conclusion that there is a gene missing when men are born. Dee nor I have seen much research or testing around this fact, but know based on our individual experiences that it is so. We have not yet named this anomaly, but are testing different latin terms as we speak. Since my sister is a bit more creative than I, I will look to her to come up with the final version.

So, as we sit and sip our mai tai's (or a much less romantic-sounding vodka and soda) Dee and I look over at our husbands and smile knowingly. Welcome to Florida my wonderful family. Happy Florida Gardening.



Comments: Post a Comment
Site
Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

back to top

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?